Monday, November 05, 2007

Back from NJ

We've been in New Jersey the past few days visiting Jeff's parents and friends. Kaitlyn, of course, was the center of attention during the whole trip. She got to meet a lot of Jeff's friends, as well as everyone at the Pitman Church. But best of all, she met her great-grandparents for the first time. Grandma and Bob stopped in NJ for a couple of days on their way down to Florida for the winter. Kaitlyn loved the "Pat-A-Cake" game that Grandma taught her.


We took her over to Philadelphia to introduce her to the big city. She'll have to wait a few years, though, before she can sample the famous cheesesteaks from Pat's.
On the way back from Philly, we stopped by to see Jeff's dad at work (he's a dentist). Kaitlyn got her first dental "checkup" and had lots of fun trying to eat the big toothbrush. It looks like we'll have to keep waiting for that first tooth!

On Friday, Jeff and I left Kaitlyn with her grandparents while we visited Amish country in Lancaster County, PA. I had never seen such beautiful farmland! I am fascinated by the simplicity of the Amish lifestyle. The little black buggies are a common sight in this area.

On Saturday, we headed up to North Jersey so that we could rock out at the VAN HALEN concert! Jeff has been a big VH fan for years, so we had to catch their reunion tour with David Lee Roth. It was a true rock-n-roll performance, complete with the throwing of equipment off the stage. Definitely an unforgettable show...and a fun night out for us!

Now we're back--with piles of laundry to do, a dog who missed us terribly, a baby who needs to get back into a regular schedule, and a long list of errands and chores to do. We need a vacation to recover from our vacation! But it was a wonderful trip and we're glad we went. It's nice to know that traveling with a small child is not impossible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great trip! I would like to say that I would have enjoyed that concert, but that would be an untruth! These days, I want to be in my pajamas by 8 and in bed by 10. I am going to have to leave the "rocking out" to you guys, who seem to be more young at heart!