Kaitlyn is getting into that fun age where she likes to play dress-up and practice her mothering skills. She routinely brings me various bows, headbands, shoes, etc. throughout the day to put on for her. On one particularly cold morning last week, Jeff went outside dressed in all of his winter gear. When he came back, she insisted on dressing up like Daddy, including coat, scarf and hat. Sometimes you forget how short toddlers are until you see them wearing an adult piece of clothing!
She also has started being a "mom" to her baby doll that she got for Christmas. She feeds the baby, gives her a bottle, and wraps her up in a blanket. She'll even pulls her own changing pad off the dresser so that she can lay her doll down on it while she's changing its diaper. I know she's just imitating what she's seen me do, but it's still sweet to see her care for her baby doll and other stuffed animals. Let's hope that she can extend that empathy and compassion to her little brother in a few weeks!
And one other random picture that I liked...Kaitlyn reading a physics book! This was one of my old teacher textbooks. She's actually been flipping though its pages for a few months, but I just never got around to taking a picture of it. Don't worry, she's not some little Einstein or child prodigy...she just likes to look at the pictures inside. (And it has some interesting ones, I must admit).


No comments:
Post a Comment