Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Fun



This year, Kaitlyn was old enough to go on her first Easter Egg Hunt at church. For the 2 year olds, the eggs were "hidden" in plain sight in a grassy area. I wasn't sure if Kaitlyn would actually participate in the festivities or simply observe from a safe distance, but when the hunt started, she eagerly started gathering as many eggs as she could. She was on a mission to pick up as many eggs as her basket would hold...and then some! She also had lots of fun opening the eggs to discover the surprises inside.



And although he didn't get to hunt eggs, Ethan accompanied us on the outing. I dressed him in this adorable little Easter bunny outfit that a friend had given us. Unfortunately, it was too cold to unwrap him from his blankets, so no one got to see it. I decided to take some pictures of it. In the picture above, he looks very unimpressed by his cuteness.



Anytime Ethan is on the floor, Kaitlyn insists on laying beside him. Here, she squeezed onto his play mat and tried to show him how all the toys work. It's going to be so fun to see them playing together as Ethan gets older and more mobile.



For little girls, no Easter is complete without a pretty new dress. It was still a little chilly, so we had to add a white sweater too. She was happy to model her new duds for us.



Gran was with us to celebrate Easter, as well as to offer some much needed help with child care. Taking care of two kids under two is quite exhausting, especially with a broken foot (see below). Jeff and I were even able to have a date night, which we thoroughly enjoyed! Thanks Gran!



Here's one more picture from the egg hunt. Notice the fashionable accessory on my leg? I'm now wearing a walking boot for the next three weeks because I have a stress fracture in my foot! It apparently happened a couple of weeks after Ethan was born, although I have no clue how it happened. I'm chalking it up to pregnancy since I don't have a better explanation. You should see me trying to keep up with Kaitlyn in this thing. It's quite humorous!


No comments: