Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ethan is six months old



It's so hard to believe that half of a year has passed since Ethan was born. We went to the doctor today for his routine checkup. He weighs 22 pounds, 13 ounces, and is 28.5 inches long. 97th percentile in everything as usual. He is getting more active each day. Those legs are constantly in motion, kicking away like he's getting ready to run a marathon. He's become very adept at rolling over both ways. If we put him on the floor in the middle of the room, it's only a matter of time before he finds his way to a wall. When he starts crawling, he is definitely going to be a man on the move! He has also found his voice lately. From loud, playful screams to babbling, he's experimenting with language more and more each day. And he still smiles all the time. And he still has those chubby little cheeks that I kiss many times a day.

As you can tell in the picture above, he is a drool machine. I thought about changing him before I took the picture but decided that it would be more fun to remember him as he was at this age. In most pictures these days, he is chewing on his bottom lip to help those gums feel better.

I need a new place to put the monthly sign...it's too interesting for him to resist!



Here are some other pictures I took of him during play time. I'm making a conscious effort to take more pictures of Ethan. Poor second child. He's already far behind Kaitlyn in the picture count! He is sitting up for long periods of time now...



...but he still falls over from time to time.



And his favorite person to watch is Kaitlyn. I don't remember what she was doing when I took this picture, but it obviously fascinated him.


No comments: