Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A Month in Review

Sorry, friends and family, for not posting in a while. June was simply a blur! I agreed to teach a physics course at Lipscomb this past month as an adjunct professor. Since it was a summer course on an accelerated schedule, there were two-hour lectures every morning and labs three afternoons a week. It was challenging, exciting and exhausting all at the same time! To add to the chaos of the month, I had already committed to another professional activity in Colorado and was out there for a whole week! I missed Jeff and Kaitlyn a lot, but I always enjoy the clean air and mountains of Colorado. And Kaitlyn had both Mimi and Gran to keep her company during the day in my absence.

My course ended today, the exams are graded, and final grades have been submitted. So I finally have some time to breathe and catch up on all the other stuff I've neglected for a while. Like pictures of Kaitlyn! So here are some highlights from our month:

One Saturday, we took Kaitlyn to Centennial Park. She loved watching all the people, dogs and ducks. She also enjoyed watching me feed the ducks with pieces of bread. But when her turn came, she always ate the bread instead of throwing it to the ducks (as seen below).

Finally, we decided to give up on duck feeding and just gave her the whole piece of bread. Maybe she was afraid that we were going to give it to the ducks again because she shoved the whole thing in her mouth and then just sucked on it for a while. She rode around in her stroller for several minutes with bread hanging out of her mouth. Silly girl!

We also continued the family tradition of celebrating the official arrival of summer by watching the sun set over the city from downtown. Last year, Kaitlyn was content to sit quietly and take in the sights and sounds of the city. This year, she wanted to push her stroller around and explore things on her own. And if one of us tried to help her steer the stroller (i.e. away from the steps), she promptly sat down and cried until we stepped away from her stroller. Miss Independence! What a difference a year makes! Below is a picture from last year and this year.



Thanks for checking in on us. Now that life is back to normal, I'll be blogging more regularly.

No comments: