Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sunglasses and Balloons



Kaitlyn is modeling her new shades. Lately she's been wearing ours when it's sunny outside, but they're way too big to stay on her head. So I decided it was time for a pair of her own. Now she wants to wear them anytime we're in the sun. I can't believe that she actually keeps them on, but she doesn't even attempt to take them off until she's inside. I must admit that she's quite adorable in them.



An airplane was passing overhead. She never fails to be mesmerized by them.


The other thing that she likes a lot right now is balloons. She's always pointing them out--in her books, in the store, and in other random places. I'm not sure what it is about balloons that make them universally attractive to kids. But one of the perks of shopping at Publix is that they give free balloons to the kids. She clutched her prized possession all the way home and was grinning from ear to ear. Ah, the simple pleasures of life!

No comments: